cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding a Wifi Extender to Garage

JStars
Organizer

I have a Wifi 6 (Boost2) connected to my NAH. I also have two older Telus Wifi Boost devices (white squares on a stand). What I would like to do is use one of these Wifi Boosts as a wifi extender (without an ethernet connection) to extend the range of my wifi to my garage. Is this possible? I cannot seem to connect the Wifi Boost devices to the Wifi 6 Boost2 without an ethernet connection.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

JStars
Organizer

I have confirmation from Telus tech support that the old Boost (white square on a stand) is incompatible with the Wifi 6 Booster (aka Boost2). Case closed.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I recall, you have to connect by ethernet to complete the setup, but they are wireless from then, but, of course have to be close enough to work. You can set them up through the MyTelus App, or using the web admin using the Admin password on each Boost unit, and the IP address assigned by your router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I have connected the Booster with ethernet. But I want it to work without ethernet. I understand that the boosters work in pairs- one connected to ethernet and the other acting like a mesh. Conceptually I would like to consider the Boost2 (white cylindrical thing) to be the main booster, and the other as an extender. I believe you are referring to the Telus Connect app. Whenever I set up a booster using the wizard on the app it hangs on the screen saying connecting, even though a blue solid light appears on the booster.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I’ve always used the webpage admin tool, rather than the App.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I would do that but I can't find the tool in the web admin on the Boost2. Does this have to do with Z-wave? Is this where I add a booster?

Just to confirm, what I want to do is to connect the old boost to the Boost2 without an ethernet cable. Essentially I want the boost to be an extension of the Boost2, much like a mesh network. The boost would extend the wifi network either with the same SSID (ideally) or another SSID.

JStars
Organizer

I have confirmation from Telus tech support that the old Boost (white square on a stand) is incompatible with the Wifi 6 Booster (aka Boost2). Case closed.