cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3rd Party Router with Telus Modem Bridging + Optik TV?

mthej
Just Moved In

Getting gigabit fibre installed this weekend, but hoping to use our own enterprise-grade networking equipment.  My understanding is that the telus modem can be put into bridge mode, but how do I connect the wired and wireless Optik TV boxes? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will need to connect the TVs to the Telus device, either to LAN 2 to 4 or the Wi-Fi SSID.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will need to connect the TVs to the Telus device, either to LAN 2 to 4 or the Wi-Fi SSID.

NFtoBC

@NFtoBC This makes sense, but if the Telus modem is in bridge mode, will it still be broadcasting a wireless signal?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Yes, bridging port 1 does not affect the function of the rest of the modem.

NFtoBC

Question when Telus modem bridged lan1 to lan/wan secondary router (set up as a 192.168.1.1 - 255.255.0.0 )

If you have a power failure will the telus modem resend a new IP address to secondary upon start up?

If so what steps to correct any changing of the secondary router IP address?

Cheers

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It shouldn’t be an issue, but try setting a dedicated IP by MAC address in the Telus router, or see if there is the option to set a static address in the secondary router.

NFtoBC

I believe both have static options. The modem was shut 9ff and when back on secondary router took on a new random IP all connected down now.

Would you need static on both probably as it seems the Telus assigns the 192.168.1.64 to port 1 and can be made static. Would this be the secondary router static IP as it would be to nice as was pre shutdown to stay or be 192.168.1.1. Sub 255.255.0.0

Thanks,