cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1Gbit gives me only 200Mbit wired? New installation - Help needed!

TMel
Just Moved In

I have been a long time Shaw customer. I saw that Telus Gigabit is available for my house and ordered Telus from 10 days.

The technician failed to show me more than 200Mbit wired on his devices (laptop/phone) and tried to convince me that his devices are old.I tried my devices and it shows very limited speed (100-250Mbit). He said that is the usual because my devices are limited. I have Shaw services. I showed him using my devices that Shaw has a higher speed compared to Telus. He left and told me to call Telus support if I still have issues. He reported that my installation is complete. I have one month to decide if I keep Shaw with lower speed subscription (still higher than Telus) but gives what promised and cancel Telus service or I need to continue with Telus hoping one day it can be fixed considering 2-year?

Any tips for support, it will be appreciated. Can this Alcatel-Lucent be old and can not have Fibre? Can my house be not Gigabit ready? What can be wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you’re not getting the speed you ordered. Call Telus and schedule a service call. If using a computer, make sure the network card supports gigabit.

Wi-Fi devices will never reach peak speeds because of many factors. That being said if you’re on a 1GBps plan you should be seeing 950MBps up and down hard wired. 

You can also download the Telus My WiFi and run a speed test. Your T3200M will let you know what speeds it’s receiving at and you can start to troubleshoot from there.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you’re not getting the speed you ordered. Call Telus and schedule a service call. If using a computer, make sure the network card supports gigabit.

Wi-Fi devices will never reach peak speeds because of many factors. That being said if you’re on a 1GBps plan you should be seeing 950MBps up and down hard wired. 

You can also download the Telus My WiFi and run a speed test. Your T3200M will let you know what speeds it’s receiving at and you can start to troubleshoot from there.