Parental Control - Setting up Access & Restrictions on Home WiFi Network
Are you familiar with the common saying, "moderation in all things"? Kids certainly don't, especially when it comes to Internet access. With TELUS, you have full control over your WiFi, there are two ways, here is how:
1. My Wi-Fi app
With the TELUS My Wi-Fi app, you can manage your Wi-Fi any way you want. View/change password, check usages, and most importantly - pause Wi-Fi for all or specific devices. Click HERE to learn more.
2. Within your router settings
This other method allows you to manage devices directly on your router. Read on, we've got you covered.
1. Launch your Web browser.
2. Note: If your browser taskbar is not displayed, press Alt on your keyboard
3. In the address bar, enter 192.168.1.254 and press enter. The Home screen will be displayed.
4. To log in, type the following information:
- Username: admin
- Password: telus (unless you've changed it)
Select Login. The Welcome screen is displayed
5. From the top of the screen, select Advanced Setup.
6. From the left panel, under Blocking/Filtering, select Scheduling Access.
7. You can now restrict access to specific devices using their MAC address, you can select device from the drop down menu, or enter the MAC address manually.
8. Once scheduled, info will appear at the bottom.
Not sure how to find the MAC address, please refer to our handy guide here.