cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Contact Information For Graffiti Removal

rletts
Just Moved In

Hello,

How does Telus want to be notified by a municipality if one of their utility boxes is in violation of municipal graffiti regulations?  The general procedure for municipalities is to send a letter to the property owner.  Should the letter be sent to 100-510 W Georgia St., Vancouver, BC  V6B 0M3?  To whom should the letter be addressed?  Is their an e-mail address the letter can be forwarded?

Thank-you!

rletts

26 REPLIES 26

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

You can just post the location, box number, and images (if you have any) here and we can forward it off to the appropriate team for cleanup.

I am reporting two Telus boxes in District of North Vancouver which require graffiti cleanup; I have pix of both.

#1.  Location- 27th Street East of Mountain Highway, ID #2074F, near a church on 27th Street.

#2. Location - Mountain Highway, North of 24th Street, East side of Mountain Highway, ID #2073A, near a church on 24th Street.

What is timeline for this cleanup-today Jan 3, 2024, thank you. (J. Brook)

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello. That's enough info for us to pass along to our field team to take care of. Our graffiti removal team works in batches so while I can't give a definitive date as to when these two specific boxes will be cleaned up, they take care of a lot each day and will get to them asap!

v4nsee
Just Moved In

I emailed [email protected] multiple times and the city said they forwarded my requests to Telus since 2021 and graffiti still hasn't been removed from a Telus box.

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@v4nsee Post the Box ID and location. It's added to a list, i would not count on the city forwarding the request.

Since 2021, I emailed [email protected] multiple times and the city forwarded my requests to Telus  and graffiti still hasn't been removed from a Telus box. It is in Vancouver at E 49th Ave and Nanaimo St by the westbound bus stop. Below is a screenshot of Google Maps Street View from July 2022, there is even more graffiti on it now.

v4nsee_0-1706294913959.png

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I've forwarded this off to our field team to look into, thanks.

Hi to Community manager,  it's been Seven weeks since my January 3rd posting as today is February 15.  I realize you are unable to give a definite date, but could I reasonably hope this will be cleared by end of February?

You have the ID, the location and pictures of the two Telus boxes I reported. Perhaps this is just a placebo type place to report action requests.  No action is actually taken.  Your person says 'no timeframe I can give'.  If this system worked, you would be able to say "graffiti clearance typically takes 2 months (for example), and your report should be cleared within that time frame".  But nope, they just keep saying, soon, looking into it... yadda yadda. and Nothing happens.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not able to provide a definitive timeframe on its removal from here.

I did report the ID, location, and images to our field team so thanks for that.

It's not a 'placebo'.

As mentioned numerous times, we get the reports the same as if you were to call in and report them, and we forward them off to our field team.

They perform the cleaning sweeps in batches, in one location/area at a time, before moving on to the next. 

It is a never-ending process as new graffiti/tags are made practically every day.

The system does work. I can't give a timeframe because if an instance of graffiti is in a larger area with a larger number of instances, it may take one month. It may take two. It may take three.

Hi to Community manager,  it's been 3 weeks since my January 3rd posting.  I realize you are unable to give a definite date, but could I reasonably hope this will be cleared by end of January ?

You have the ID, the location and pictures of the two Telus boxes I reported.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

It's been forwarded to our field team to look into. There's no timeframe I can give unfortunately.

grantbylawlove
Organizer

Hello, there is graffiti on a Telus box corner of Stewart Avenue and Mount Benson Street, Nanaimo, BC. ID# OAX173415TimePhoto_20240306_093054.jpgTimePhoto_20240306_093102.jpg. Thank you.

I'll forward this off as well, thanks.

grantbylawlove
Organizer

Hello, there is graffiti on a Telus box corner of Princess Royal Avenue and Estevan Road, Nanaimo, BC. ID# OAX173821TimePhoto_20240306_094359.jpgTimePhoto_20240306_094351.jpg

grantbylawlove
Organizer

Hello, there is graffiti on a Telus box corner of Townsite Road and Holly AvenueTimePhoto_20240306_095058.jpgTimePhoto_20240306_095105.jpg, Nanaimo, BC.

Are there any more? It'd be better if I minimized how many times I'm reaching out to our team to expedite things.

I intend to post two more I found on patrol today - if you have a direct email to send the information to that would help ( and keep it out of the public access). I work in bylaw with the City of Nanaimo. Thank you.

Post them all at once if possible, thanks.

Why am I being copied on all of these ?
I submitted a graffiti report two months ago in North Vancouver, With no action to date.
Jbrook

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Apologies, didn't notice the user replied to a reply, not the original post. Should stop now, and all removal is done in batches. Can't provide a definitive timeframe but they'll get to it asap.