cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switched from Vivint - False Alarms now due to Telus system

Joni22
Neighbour

Was recently migrated over to Telus from Vivint and am wondering if anyone else is having issues with their panel and sensors going offline, as well as any "false alarms" being triggered in the middle of the night? 

We have 2 panels and 1 consistently is offline and rebooting. Our plug in sensor does the same thing.  It is continually offline and needs to be taken out and plugged back in. Our alarm went off at 11:30 the other night indicating the basement window was open. When I got down to the basement, the window was not opened.  Phoned into the security line, who had the wrong address and last name registered for the phone number I was calling from. (Obviously the data migration from Vivint to Telus wasn't 100% accurate.) They werent able to tell me why the alarm falsely triggered and was told that I had to phone tech support the next morning.  Talked to Tech support and they said that the window sensor disconnected from the panel as my panel needed to be updated with the latest firmware so thats what triggered the alarm.  They couldn't tell me why none of the other 8 sensors didn't disconnect or why the firmware didn't automatically update. With Vivint these updates were automatic. Tech support indicated this is a larger problem and that they are working on updating the firmware on panels as quick as they can but have no timeline when this will be completed.  So, in the meantime there could be potentially false alarms that occur again! 

I was a customer with Vivint for 6 years and never experienced a false alarm in the middle of the night or sensors excessively being offline and disconnected.  Very very dissappointed with this move over to Telus. 

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

Definitely not the experience we want our customers to have. Feel free to send us a private message here and we can discuss further if you'd like.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Hello,

Not sure what other options I might have regarding this false alarm.

Thanks,
Joanie

Hey @Joni22 we'll send you a message so you don't have your public info in a public way

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.