cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam or not?

Thomas_Raphel
Neighbour

I've been getting a lot of calls claiming that they're from TELUS and they offered me an offer which is too good to be true. But just to be sure, I asked them to send an email. The whole email body looks suspicious. But this might be just me being paranoid. The email ID is "[email protected]". Can you guys confirm whether this is a valid email id from TELUS ? If yes, I would definitely go for the offer. Cheers 🙂

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

100% scam. If it's not telus.com, consider it a scam. telusmobilityplans,com is not a Telus owned domain. The domain was also registered through a Lithuania based registrar. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

anita21p
Neighbour

I just got a call from 780-699-9855 saying it was Telus Mobility and they claimed I was eligible for an upgrade to a iPhone 14 Pro Max i asked if they know what i already have to be eligible he said hes just the sales dept so i said ok i;ll upgrade and I got transferred to a guy who said i will give you tracking number and i was like How do I know you are calling from Telus Mobility and they said their employee ID is TID625174-is this a legitimate ID? Also I questioned bc online I read they would ask me for a pin for any telus related customer information and he didn't..

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

100% scam. If it's not telus.com, consider it a scam. telusmobilityplans,com is not a Telus owned domain. The domain was also registered through a Lithuania based registrar. 

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I just got a call saying I could upgrade my phone to a 14 promax when i asked them for info, they gave me their Employee ID: TID625174 - is this a legitimate employee ID#?

Thanks @Nighthawk , appreciate your response 🙂 

anita21p
Neighbour

I just got a call from 780-699-9855 saying it was Telus Mobility and they claimed I was eligible for an upgrade to a iPhone 14 Pro Max i asked if they know what i already have to be eligible he said hes just the sales dept so i said ok i;ll upgrade and I got transferred to a guy who said i will give you tracking number and i was like How do I know you are calling from Telus Mobility and they said their employee ID is TID625174-is this a legitimate ID? Also I questioned bc online I read they would ask me for a pin for any telus related customer information and he didn't..

Also a scam.

@anita21p  I got the call from same number, hope you didnt give any personal information.