cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Low temperature alarm & notification

CB55
Just Moved In

I have an Alarm.com smart thermostat & an emergency low temperature sensor in my basement connected the  Telus security system. However wondering if there's a way to set an alarm + notification to give an earlier low temperature warning (e.g a temperature setting ~5 degrees lower than the heating set point & approx. 5 degrees above the emergency low temp sensor) when the house is left empty e.g. during a winter vacation. This would provide an earlier notification of impending heating problem & sufficient time to correct before freezing.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure if this is entirely what you're looking for but does this help?

• Look for the temperature settings or temperature thresholds section.
  • Set the heating set point to your desired temperature for when the house is occupied.
  • Look for the low temperature sensor settings or alerts section.
  • Set the emergency low temperature sensor threshold to your desired temperature for triggering an emergency alert.
  • Look for the temperature alerts or notifications section.

Set up a new temperature alert/notification with the following parameters:

• Temperature threshold: Set the threshold to a temperature approximately 5 degrees lower than the heating set point.
  • Notification recipients: Choose the users who should receive the notification.
  • Notification method: Select the preferred method of notification, such as push notification, email, or SMS.
  • Schedule: Set the schedule for when the alert/notification should be active, such as during your winter vacation.

Save the settings.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'm not sure if this is entirely what you're looking for but does this help?

• Look for the temperature settings or temperature thresholds section.
  • Set the heating set point to your desired temperature for when the house is occupied.
  • Look for the low temperature sensor settings or alerts section.
  • Set the emergency low temperature sensor threshold to your desired temperature for triggering an emergency alert.
  • Look for the temperature alerts or notifications section.

Set up a new temperature alert/notification with the following parameters:

• Temperature threshold: Set the threshold to a temperature approximately 5 degrees lower than the heating set point.
  • Notification recipients: Choose the users who should receive the notification.
  • Notification method: Select the preferred method of notification, such as push notification, email, or SMS.
  • Schedule: Set the schedule for when the alert/notification should be active, such as during your winter vacation.

Save the settings.