cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Legitimate looking scam?

Willcc
Just Moved In
Got this text from “Telus” the second time now. It seems very legitimate but I never signed my number up for Telus. Though I do use the Telus home internet from my landlord, my landlord said he thinks the text is a scam. The text come from a 83585 number. The first one happened september 9, saying

“ Your TELUS Home Services bill is ready. $124.64 is due by September 28, 2021. View, pay and manage all your products and services 24/7 in My TELUS at telus.com/app - Free TELUS msg.”

the second one happened october 9

“ Your TELUS Home Services bill is ready. $212.38 is due by October 28, 2021. View, pay and manage all your products and services 24/7 in My TELUS at telus.com/app - Free TELUS msg.”

Should I be concerned about thisv
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey there, I can confirm this is a legitimate text message and the links bring you to our TELUS self-serve app. This would be for a home services account, is it possible that this is the contact number we have on file to send you these automated billing reminders for your home internet?

EDIT: did you activate the internet account under your name, or was that done all through your landlord?

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Report all spam texts to telus. You can find out more here. Do you have any telus service in your name or landlord pays for it?

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey there, I can confirm this is a legitimate text message and the links bring you to our TELUS self-serve app. This would be for a home services account, is it possible that this is the contact number we have on file to send you these automated billing reminders for your home internet?

EDIT: did you activate the internet account under your name, or was that done all through your landlord?