cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EverSafe email validation error

jamiepm2
Organizer

I have a very specific problem with EverSafe and I don't know how to get help.

My email address uses the TLD .works e.g. [email protected] I've used that email for a long time. The TLD is a legitimate one: https://icannwiki.org/.works

However the EverSafe does not recognize my email as a real email address so I cannot do anything, my account is frozen as I cannot access or reset it without using the email address.

Can someone please contact the EverSafe team and ask them to remove that restriction/add an exception for that domain?

Screen Shot 2023-05-26 at 14.34.03.png

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It seems this is happening to Public Mobile customers as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Yep, it's a mess over there.

EverSafe is a good enough idea but not allowing proper 2FA methods, not recognizing TLDs that have existed for a decade and enforcing password updates with weird restrictions and bad strength monitoring just seems like someone was trying to be clever and didn't really know what they were doing.

All of those things have long been understood to have either negative or no security value. We have sites across the web implementing highly secure 2FA authentication systems and even passwordless authentication as standard and then we have EverSafe which seems like it was developed in 2015...

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jamiepm2 I'm going to do some digging. If I find anything out that can help, I'll report back 🙂

Much appreciated @dru !

Thanks for reminding me, @jamiepm2. I'll follow-up with the team first thing Monday.

dru
Community Manager
Community Manager

@jamiepm2 the team has captured the issue for investigation. There isn't an ETR for now but if I hear anything worth sharing, I will ASAP.