cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification

Viv1
Just Moved In
Hi, I would like if HR manager Ms. Michelle Shivak contact for a job. Just want to confirm here, is it exactly a scam? Thank you for any clarification!
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Viv1 - it's hard for us to determine a name to be legitimate. I will send you a message

- Eric

View solution in original post

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

First of all I can't see any Telus VP, such as Lisa Mack, sending anyone an email as part of the hiring process. That's just not now things work. Telus also would NOT be using some relatively little known chat app like GroupMe as part of the hiring process. It reeks of a scam so very much.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

TELUS_Support
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Viv1 - it's hard for us to determine a name to be legitimate. I will send you a message

- Eric

Hi I received an email from Lisa Mack that I have to add Michelle Shivak on GroupMe and they sent me an offer, is that a real offer can I confirm that with you please ? 

@TELUS_Support 

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

First of all I can't see any Telus VP, such as Lisa Mack, sending anyone an email as part of the hiring process. That's just not now things work. Telus also would NOT be using some relatively little known chat app like GroupMe as part of the hiring process. It reeks of a scam so very much.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There was another post on here not long ago with that name on it. It was determined to be a scam and the scammer just pulled a random HR person off of Google to make it look legit.

For some reason that post is missing. The question comes down to how is the supposed person from Telus contacting you? Is it a phone number with a 437 area code? Is it by email? Are they asking you to take a course on some third party website?

@TELUS_Support