cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Things I miss and things going wrong

Percy
Friendly Neighbour

Went to play a recording and it is not playing though others are.This has happened before.  Also one day went to play a recording and they were all gone, like some concerts I had recorded, not happy. I went from Shaw to Telus. Miss that the remote doesn't light up, so I can't see it in the dark. Miss that you can't just talk into the remote to change channels. Now it looks like I have to get an Alexa for every room we have a tv in. Gee, love me things to be plugged in 😞 Alexa won't turn tv on unless I leave it on standby, but who wants a green glow constantly, so always have to use remote, so can't be in the kitchen and ask for tv to turn on. Can't change or don't know how to change that the tv turns to standby green screen if you haven't used the remote for 4 hours. 

11 REPLIES 11

buckycat
Leader

“Miss that you can't just talk into the remote to change channels.”

The new Telus box has voice activation.

Percy
Friendly Neighbour

Just changed to Telus...wasn't given that option is seems, or was I? We were offered one Echo Dot. Which is in our living room, but would need some others for other rooms no?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

I expect voice activation will be through the remote, as you experienced in the past.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Percy
Friendly Neighbour
Hi
I see no voice activation, or microphone button on the new telus remote like we had on the shaw remote and when we had telus installed the person said we had to wait to receive our echo dot and sync that. so seems like we are needing to get an echo dot for each room tv in? Also right now I am having to yell to living room alexa to turn off my bedroom light...

You probably don’t have the latest Telus equipment that is why you don’t have voice activation.

Percy
Friendly Neighbour
Okay thanks for taking the time to answer! Pretty sad considering we just signed up a month and a half ago!

Percy
Friendly Neighbour
I looked it up and it seems we have the latest remote, but have to use Alexa echo dot for voice command...not the remote and there is no mic button. So I can't use voice for the other tv's in the house without getting the echo dot...(first world problems) Am I missing something? Can you just talk to the tv...talk into the remote...or have to get the echo dot for every room?

The new equipment came out about two weeks ago. You wlill have to wait until Telus rolls it out to existing customers.

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Cloud-pvr-New-Customer-Only/td-p/133898

https://forum.telus.com/t5/Optik-TV/Cloud-PVR-equipment/td-p/134141

Percy
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you! Trying to find it online...no luck but will phone and see what can be done. Thanks again!

Percy
Friendly Neighbour
Thank you!