cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Optik box restart deleted all my recordings

TruckerJim
Just Moved In

While using the skip feature to bypass sections of a recording I did not want to watch the playback would play intermittently and freeze. I found out by using the fast forward or rewind instead the playback would play properly. Usually a restart will repair any issues your box has so I decided to do that from the menu. Normally something that takes only a few minutes, this time it took almost 25 minutes. When it finally came back on, I discovered all my recordings were gone. A phone call to T. O. did not resolve the issue. Lost all my recordings. Not a happy camper

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Chicnstu
Leader

The symptoms you are describing point to hardware failure in the hard drive inside the PVR. The issue was mostly likely getting worse over time and on the final reboot the PVR did was is called a Hard DRA to recover from a critical drive failure. This reformats the hard drive which would result in the loss of recordings. Your PVR needs to be replaced by Telus or you'll most likely keep running in to these problems.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Chicnstu
Leader

The symptoms you are describing point to hardware failure in the hard drive inside the PVR. The issue was mostly likely getting worse over time and on the final reboot the PVR did was is called a Hard DRA to recover from a critical drive failure. This reformats the hard drive which would result in the loss of recordings. Your PVR needs to be replaced by Telus or you'll most likely keep running in to these problems.