cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PVR Recordings don't match when I view

RobG3987
Ambassador

Optik TV:

This is one of several issues I'm having with the PVR function of the new Optik TV system.

When I select a recording to play, its not the correct one.

1) When I go into some of my PVR recordings to play, it lists the groups ( ie Court Cam-8 Episodes; West Block; Neighborhood Wars-2 Episodes).

Then I select a group (Court Cam- S4E5; S5E2; S3E7; S5E12; S4E; etc)

When I play any of the 8 episodes listed, it plays the same episode over again (meaning I'm only viewing the same recording each time, regardless of which recording I select,,, its always the same one)

2) I select West Block (which airs each Sunday mornings), and it plays Survivor (which happened to be playing Live on channel 240 in the evening. So instead of playing a recorded event, it streamed a live broadcast.

3) I select Neighborhood Wars, S2E7; S3E5, Instead of seeing the options of Play, Delete,, it shows Record with a Red Circle. I can't action the selection at all.

Several calls to tech support with tickets logged for higher level investigation but no outcome yet.

Overall, with respect to the PVR function,, this decision to move away from Shaw and to Optik has been an extremely disappointing experience. I must be the only person who relies on the PVR function heavily as a lot isn't available On Demand and these issues are frequent 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi, for number 4, there is a rec button on the remote that says "rec (with a red dot)", if you hold it down for a bit, it takes you to the recording page. 

In terms of the other bullet points, thank you for the feedback. Several of them are definitely in the works with our development, please stay tuned! 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

grimmt1
Organizer

I'm having similar issues.   Telus really needs to get this sorted to compete with Shaw.

My issues include:
1. Series recordings for many news programs only record one episode (meta data is wrong)

2. Programs set up for recording do not always record the correct program

3. Cancelling or deleting a recording you are currently watching does not return you to the last live TV channel selected (or alternatively, the guide).  It continues to play the deleted recording.
4. Remote does not have a button to directly go to recordings - you need to go Home first and then navigate to the recording bullseye icon.   I have no idea why this seemingly key remote function is missing.

5. An option does not exist to automatically go to the last TV channel or app selected when turning on the Optik TV box without having to hit remote buttons.   
[Edited - add]
6. The guide information on screen does not show New vs Repeat status
7. Recordings do not have a delete recovery option (this may be a bigger piece of work)

8. Recordings do not have lead/trailing time extension feature for live programs

Someone in Telus Optik development (BA) seriously needs to go through common use cases and move the development of these use cases to the top of their product backlog. 

Tony

Tony, your issues are identical to mine! 100 % you are right on the money.
I don't understand what the problem is in getting this addressed. Its clear this platform was probably hastily released as its shortcomings are vast. Seems like a Beta version we are live testing.
But since this is an AndroidTV hardware and OS with a Telus banner and wrapper for the customized program,,, do these similar problems exist in a pure Android TV STB?
Maybe the shortcomings are from the base platform and Telus simply adopted it without enhanced feature and function capabilities ???
Dunno,, haven't used an native Android TV STB but my Chrome Cast (without any PVR ability) operates very similar, albeit different s/w versions.

Hi, for number 4, there is a rec button on the remote that says "rec (with a red dot)", if you hold it down for a bit, it takes you to the recording page. 

In terms of the other bullet points, thank you for the feedback. Several of them are definitely in the works with our development, please stay tuned! 

Thank you Optik-Kate, that feature definitely helps.
Any timeline as to when some of the other greater irritants and lack of functionality will be addressed?
There are significant shortcomings with this current release and not all programs are available "On Demand" so if it doesn't get recorded, there is no opportunity to view through alternate means.

@Optik-Kate Any timeline as to when some of the other greater irritants and lack of functionality will be addressed??

Hi @grimmt1 also wanted to provide an update that we addressed #8 with a recent update where we auto extend sports recording by 60 mins for general sports and 90 mins for tennis. Thank you for your patience while we work on improving the product! 

Thanks for the update Kate!

That's a good interim solution for live sports, I thought I saw some extra time show up the other day for tennis.
Would still like to have the ability to adjust this myself on all live shows.

Yes! The 60 and 90 mins is what we can get out the door fast. We're still working on the full extension feature.

grimmt1
Organizer

Thanks Optik-Kate.
I missed that override functionality of a long press on the Record button.  That does help.

Tony

st0106
Advocate
Reminder: West Block is available on yt in 1080P with auto captions. It’s very likely that the pq on yt is better.