cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optic cable

gail0279
Friendly Neighbour

I am renovating my family room and want to change placement of TV.  But the optic cable is too short.  Where can I buy a much longer cable about 20 feet

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

HSL
Advisor

By "Optik cable", do you mean "Ethernet Cable" ?   

If so .. you can buy them in various lengths at Home Depot.  This one :  25 Foot Ethernet - Cat 5e grade - Home Depot - costs $22.45 .

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

HSL
Advisor

By "Optik cable", do you mean "Ethernet Cable" ?   

If so .. you can buy them in various lengths at Home Depot.  This one :  25 Foot Ethernet - Cat 5e grade - Home Depot - costs $22.45 .

gail0279
Friendly Neighbour

No I really do mean the optic cable that goes from the wall jack to the WiFi modem has a green end to it

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

Would need to know what the wall outlet is configured for.

Does the connector look like this (Ethernet)

FuzzyLogic_0-1686252301715.jpeg

or is it like this (Cable):

FuzzyLogic_1-1686252456278.jpeg

Either should be available at Best Buy or other electronics/computer stores.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

neither of these see reply to nighthawk

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Green ended cable? Would it be like this one by chance?

fibreplug.jpg

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

gail0279
Friendly Neighbour

yes that's the one

@gail0279 wrote:

No I really do mean the optic cable that goes from the wall jack to the WiFi modem has a green end to it

@gail0279 wrote:

yes that's the one

Ethernet cables are cheaper and easier to get than fiber optic patch cables. You can just move the Optik TV box and connect it to the router with a longer Ethernet cable.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! Are you looking for something like Cat 5 or HDMI? Both are quite easy to track down on Amazon or at electronics stores such as BestBuy.

gail0279
Friendly Neighbour

neither see reply to nighthawk

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

There are presumeably two cables. One connecting the PVR to the router (Ethernet) and one from the PVR to you TV (HDMI). Both of these are readily availble in various lengths at places like Best Buy or Amazon.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

thank you 

gail0279
Friendly Neighbour

I don't need a technicain to call.  I just want a much longer cable so I can reconfigure location of my TV.  i would need 30ft of cable to accomplish this.  Where can i buy?

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

st0106
Advocate
How fast is your WiFi? Can the tv box connect wirelessly?