cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I only want channels I subscribe to in my guide

Rural_dog
Friendly Neighbour
I went to the settings where I select and deselect my channels, but then I go to my guide, and they're ALL still there..
I don't want to see shows I can't watch on my guide.

I also want to delete any shows I have to pay for. Can I have them not show up?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

Where do you see "show only selected channels"?

In the Guide Settings->Customize Channels the choices are Save, Don't Save, Check All and View unchecked.

In Favourites lists the choices are All Channels, Subscribed Channels, plus whatever lists you may have added yourself.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

See the follow information to show only subscribed channels here.  There isn't an option to remove shows you have to pay for but you can put a pin on for pay content. See information here.

Thanks. I confirmed that I did as you suggested, and yup, I already selected show only selected channels. And yet it still doesn't work.

I think the box doesn't like me.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I use the favourites list to customize the guide to only have the channels I want to see. More here:

Favourites list for Optik TV | Support | TELUS.com

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

bookgirl
Neighbour
This might seem like a stupid response but once you check the boxes of the channels you get do you then click on ‘save’? I use this feature quite often because I hate seeing the promo channels listed in my guide

Rural_dog
Friendly Neighbour
Yes, twice! Which is why it's so frustrating to spend the time selecting the channels, save, and the guide is exactly the same!

I'll try again in a week. Perhaps it was having a bad day? When select your channels, it saves and your guide is only channels you want to see?

It is. I even go back in and unselect channels that were promotional (HGTV) but no longer are so that they don’t appear in my guide anymore

xray
Hero

Where do you see "show only selected channels"?

In the Guide Settings->Customize Channels the choices are Save, Don't Save, Check All and View unchecked.

In Favourites lists the choices are All Channels, Subscribed Channels, plus whatever lists you may have added yourself.

xray
Hero

After you create a favorites list you need to select it under Favorites lists as the one you want to use.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey! Just checking in to see if you're still experiencing this issue. Let me know, thanks!

Robert9
Organizer

@Rural_dog press Options button on your TELUS remote > select Favourite List > select Subscribed Only > Save. That should show your subscribed channels only in Guide.