cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I watch Netflix on channel 422 on a browser?

CaryInVictoria
Friendly Neighbour

I can watch Netflix on channel 422 on my TV but that channel does not appear in the guide when I am watching TV on my browser (Google on a Mac). The only subscription I have to Netflix is with Optik.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

If you can access Netflix via Optik TV, then you have a Netflix account. Whether you pay TELUS, who then pays Netflix on your behalf, or if you pay Netflix directly, you must have a Netflix account. When I say Netflix credentials, I mean specifically a Netflix username and password - you would have signed in with this the first time you accessed Neflix on your Optik equipment.  

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

xray
Hero

Why wouldn't you just go directly to the Netflix site on a browser?

CaryInVictoria
Friendly Neighbour

Thank you. Please see my answer to KHR.

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hi @CaryInVictoria 

Channel 422 on your Optik TV 4K or HD PVR/Wireless Digital Box is simply a Netflix app launcher shortcut. The TELUS TV+ apps and web client do not have this channel 422 shortcut; simply download and open the Netflix app or navigate to netflix.com and use the same Netflix credentials you use on your Optik equipment.

Does the same apply for Crave and HBO as they don’t show up on the app as channels either?

KHR
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

HBO live channels are channels 400 and 401, Crave movie channels are channels 406-409. The On Demand catalog for Crave can be found in the app in the On Demand section, navigating to Channels and selecting Crave. These should all be available in the TELUS TV+ app and at telustvplus.com.

I’m subscribed but HBO and Crave doesn’t work in the app. Tells me to signup at MyTelus.

CaryInVictoria
Friendly Neighbour

At netflix.com I attempted, unsuccessfully, to log in using my email address and the password I use to log into Optik on my browser (telustvplus.com). Is that what you mean by "Netflix credentials"? Note that I do not have a Netflix account. I can only access Netflix via Optik, which of course works fine on a TV.

If you can access Netflix via Optik TV, then you have a Netflix account. Whether you pay TELUS, who then pays Netflix on your behalf, or if you pay Netflix directly, you must have a Netflix account. When I say Netflix credentials, I mean specifically a Netflix username and password - you would have signed in with this the first time you accessed Neflix on your Optik equipment.  

CaryInVictoria
Friendly Neighbour

Many thanks, I just needed to change my Netflix password and I'm all set.