cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Peace of mind connect plan

SWA
Neighbour

If I connect a tablet that has texting capability  to my peace of mind connect plan is texting from the tablet included or extra?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I understand the terminology, The Peace of Mind Connect Plans allow the connection of other SIM-enabled DATA CONSUMING devices to be added to the plan. If the tablet uses a data-based texting application you'll be fine. If it uses traditional SMS, then I would expect it is not included.

1. You can access your Peace of Mind™ Connect plan data with your phone and additional SIM-enabled devices such as Smart Watch, Tablet or TELUS Drive + which are added to your account. Additional devices can be added online using MyTELUS or instore. Once you hit your plan’s high speed data threshold, speeds will be reduced on all your connected devices however, you will not be charged data overage fees. Refer to TELUS' Fair Use Policy at telus.com/fairusepolicy. You only need one Peace of Mind™ Connect plan per account. If you cancel the Peace of Mind™ Connect phone plan from your account, all of your connected devices will be disconnected and any remaining Easy Payment balances will be charged in full on your next invoice. Peace of Mind Connect plan data cannot be shared by devices on other TELUS rate plans such as Peace of Mind, Your Choice, or Share Plus plans.
NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

If I understand the terminology, The Peace of Mind Connect Plans allow the connection of other SIM-enabled DATA CONSUMING devices to be added to the plan. If the tablet uses a data-based texting application you'll be fine. If it uses traditional SMS, then I would expect it is not included.

1. You can access your Peace of Mind™ Connect plan data with your phone and additional SIM-enabled devices such as Smart Watch, Tablet or TELUS Drive + which are added to your account. Additional devices can be added online using MyTELUS or instore. Once you hit your plan’s high speed data threshold, speeds will be reduced on all your connected devices however, you will not be charged data overage fees. Refer to TELUS' Fair Use Policy at telus.com/fairusepolicy. You only need one Peace of Mind™ Connect plan per account. If you cancel the Peace of Mind™ Connect phone plan from your account, all of your connected devices will be disconnected and any remaining Easy Payment balances will be charged in full on your next invoice. Peace of Mind Connect plan data cannot be shared by devices on other TELUS rate plans such as Peace of Mind, Your Choice, or Share Plus plans.
NFtoBC

xray
Hero

Note that the Peace of Mind Connect plan provides mobile data only for your other devices. It does not provide a phone number which is required for SMS texting service. Only the phone associated with the plan can use the unlimited calling, unlimited text, voicemail, etc. because only your phone has a phone number.

Under each of my connected devices there is a phone number associated which each device. Also under plan description of each connected device it says text messaging services included. Which made me think it must be sms also?image.jpg

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Every SIM has a 10 digit identifier. This does not necessarily mean it can access the cellular telephone network.

NFtoBC

I had the simple share plan plan added to my tablet and didn’t realize texting was costing extra but under this plan as in the picture it says text messaging services so I was trying to verify if I text with this plan on the device will I get charged extra. I’m probably going to have to bit the bullet and call in to verify lol

If the connect plan came with phone numbers for each device then it would be no different than the share plans for phones. 

Just logged into my account under the tablet. Seems texts and calls are included on the tablet with this plan.image.jpg