cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus Account Loyalty Discount Scam???

tma
Organizer

We received a phone call with caller ID "Telus". Male caller with strong accent said he wished to give us a $40 monthly loyalty discount on our phone bill. I ask him if he was a Telus employee, he said yes. I ask him his name and employee number. He identified himself as Oliver employee number o82438. He wanted to know the balance on our last bill. I told him I needed to look it up and that I would need to call him back. He gave me his number as 864-602-6851. I searched the number, it comes up as a cell phone in South Carolina and is rated as an unsafe fraud number with 5 reports on "FraudNumber.com". 

I presume this was just the introductory edge of yet another scam to watch out for.

I am waiting to hear back from Telus Customer Service to report it to them even though I imagine they may already be aware of it.

TMA

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is definitely a scam. That's not a valid Telus employee ID number either. Real Telus employees typically won't give their ID numbers. That phone number is likely tied to a VoIP provider and routing calls to one of those overseas scam call centres. Best to not give them any information.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Dk001
Just Moved In
I just got the exact same call from the same person who gave same call back number.

Tried to call Telus but there is one hour wait time to speak to an agent. I'll try later.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

It is definitely a scam. That's not a valid Telus employee ID number either. Real Telus employees typically won't give their ID numbers. That phone number is likely tied to a VoIP provider and routing calls to one of those overseas scam call centres. Best to not give them any information.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂