cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Someone has used my email to sign up for TELUS.

pleasedeleteacc
Neighbour

Hi 

Was wondering if I could have any help with trying to contact TELUS online please - I want to speak to a real person, but not over the phone! 

Someone has joined Telus using my email address and I've been sent quite a few emails about their account/orders. I also clicked on the 'complete registration' button in one of the emails (trying to figure out what on earth I'd been signed up for so I could delete it!) and it led me into an account with my email address but somebody else's name, address and phone number. 

I have tried to contact Telus using the online chat function but every time I ask to speak to a real person, it just tells me I can call them or request a call from them. Which isn't going to work because I'm not even in Canada (I'm in England) and I'm not going to spend a small fortune on international phone calls over this. 

I just want my email removed from this person's account. 

How can I do this? 

Thanks in advance! 

5 REPLIES 5

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You will have to contact them via online chat or their social medial channel on twitter since you're overseas. You can reach out to them via twitter here. They will the discuss it with you in a DM,

pleasedeleteacc
Neighbour

Thanks WestCoaster. I tried Twitter, but they told me they didn't have access to the database (?) so couldn't help. They recommended talking to the support team but I'm not sure how to do that since the online chat just keeps asking for my phone number and I don't have a Canadian phone number to put in. 

xray
Hero

@pleasedeleteacc wrote:

I also clicked on the 'complete registration' button in one of the emails (trying to figure out what on earth I'd been signed up for so I could delete it!) and it led me into an account with my email address but somebody else's name, address and phone number. 

You you managed to get into the account? Then just update the email address to any random made up email address like [email protected].

pleasedeleteacc
Neighbour

Oh gosh, why did I not think of that! Haha. Have done that now. 🙂 

I've done that fix many times. I have an email address that gets used by other people frequently in Indonesia of all places. It must be a typo away from something common in Indonesian.