cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mobility call control not working as well?

1985Guy
Neighbour

Is anyone else getting spam calls that are making it through call control? Over the past few days I've had the same number making it through my call control 1-833-390-3721. When I look at the call control log it says globally accepted number, however, googling the number comes up with several posts documenting this as scammers imitating Telus.

The call comes onto my screen with the suspected spam alert, can someone at Telus investigate how they are getting through call control? There is no one on the other end when I answer. 

3 REPLIES 3

TELUS_Support
Official Support Team
Official Support Team

This number is not listed on the TELUS website, and I couldn't find it in any internal directories either. Occasionally, an official TELUS sales team or a third-party marketing agency offering TELUS services might use unfamiliar numbers. In this case, I recommend not replying to the caller and blocking the number from your device. For any TELUS-related inquiries, please use the contact numbers provided on our website. Additionally, phishing calls can be reported to the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre (CAFC), which tracks and investigates fraud-related activities.

Need to private message us but don't know how? Check out this step-by-step guide.

Syaoran
All-Star

It is so easy to spoof a number, these spam blocking services can't stop everything.  

xray
Hero

I've always thought the globally accepted numbers bypassing call control will hurt TELUS sales because people will just block them on their phones.