cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Hub conflict with Windows/Dell Adapter?

jssilver
Just Moved In

I have Telus Fibre 150.  I normally get 150 Mbps+ speed over WiFi on all my devices (Dell laptops, iOS, and Android), but performance on the laptops intermittently drops off to around 50 Mbps, and will stay at that speed for a day or two.  Telus has been helpful - when I first noticed the problem a couple of weeks ago, they did a remote reset of the WiFi Hub which restored the speed back to the expected range.  A couple of days ago I noticed the speed drop again for no apparent reason, but as I write this it's just come back up.

Telus is sending in a technician, but I thought I would check to see if anyone else is having this problem.  Because it's only happening on my Dell laptops, I wonder if there's a conflict between the Telus Wi-Fi Hub and either Windows 10 or the Intel Wi-Fi adapter?

My setup:

• Telus Wi-Fi Hub
  • Nokia G-240G-A Optical Network Terminal
  • 2 Dell laptops, both with Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 3160

Drivers have been updated on the Intel adapters and I've done resets on all the devices, including a factory reset on the Wi-Fi Hub. I do my testing when there's no other traffic on my home network nor other activity on my laptops.

1 REPLY 1

jssilver
Just Moved In

Problem is back today, and also affecting my Android.  iPad is fine.  I should have mentioned that I also have have the WEB6000Q Wi-Fi Extender.