cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why am I getting this email? This is spam. Why on the email does it not have a contact phone number?

GeorgeSnow
Just Moved In

Why am I getting this email?

This is spam.

Why on the email does it not have a contact phone number?

You are not protected
Set up your TELUS Online Security
account immediately to help defend
your online privacy and devices
with bank-grade encryption.

Don't leave yourself vulnerable to online threats
Norton 360 App

8 REPLIES 8

AnnoyedBySpam
Just Moved In

The fact that there is no option to opt out is super frustrating. Does Telus want me to move my services elsewhere?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Don’t be too sure other carriers will be any different, Shaw chased me for years trying to regain my business.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

xray
Hero

I must have opted out somewhere because I never get any marketing emails on my telus.net email account or my email address that I use for My TELUS.

@xray wrote:

must have opted out somewhere because I never get any marketing emails on my telus.net email account or my email address that I use for My TELUS.

You likely didn’t opt-out.  I didn’t, and have tried every means of communication possible to try to get these emails again, without any luck.  I can’t even remember how long it’s been since I stopped receiving emails about Telus Rewards and what was being offered by Optik TV On Demand/Free Preview channels.  I couldn’t even find Rewards on My Telus anymore when I logged in to see my billing.  I thought it must have been discontinued so I Googled it and was linked to telus.com/rewards webpage where I was able to see my rewards.  Today I spoke to yet another agent, since the last one assured me many months ago that I would be signed up again for these emails, but wasn’t.  It seems changes are being made in the system which may have caused this, but no word on how long or if she can get the emails problem rectified, or when my “My TELUS” web page will be fixed.

Finding the Rewards is easy. It's visible in multiple places without resorting to Google.
- the summary page for your home services account in the My Telus app has a link
- the overview page of the My Telus web site has a link in the home services section
- the top right corner of every bill shows the link
There may be other places as well but I've never needed to look anywhere else.

polecat
All-Star

@GeorgeSnow  Delete it you can use any virous program you want. Set up your spam folder. I get some marketing from telus on a rare occasion new internet programs etc. The generac google email account i have  has 2000 plus spam shown on it. never use that acount

HiLo
Just Moved In

Check your internet services bill to see if you're being charged

"TELUS Online Security - Basic $6.00".

I was being charged without me signing up for Norton Lifelock thus they kept sending me the email your referenced to initiate the service. Called in to have these charges reversed to when it was added to my bill.

BTW: I posted here yesterday and it was deleted....

HiLo
Just Moved In

Check your internet services bill to see if you're being charged for:

"TELUS Online Security - Basic $6.00"

I was being charged without me signing up for Norton thus they kept sending me the email your referenced to initiate the service. Called in to have these charges reversed to when it was added to my bill.