cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Ce Smart Plugs with the new TELUS Fiber Modem and Wireless AP devices

SpaceAce68
Just Moved In

Hey all, I've been struggling a lot as of late to get my CE Smart Wi-Fi plugs back on my network since being converted over to TELUS Fiber and being handed a bunch of new equipment (a new Router and a new separate AP Wireless Device (the White Cylinder).

These worked on my previous setup right up until the conversion so I am ruling out faulty devices.

The app is installed on my Android phone called: CE Smart and it scans looking for the device.

I have connected a device to a single extension cord, suppling power to it it and can turn it off and on at will.

Each CE Smart plug is only supported on 2.4ghz and so I connect my phone to SmartHome1901 2.4ghz SSID.  No issues connecting my phone to this SSID.

Pressing and holding the only button on the Smart Plugs for about 10 seconds initiates the Pairing mode and I do see the Blue link light flashing as I am supposed to.

A countdown starts for 2 minutes and nothing seems to register.  I've tried so many times.

Here's hoping someone out there has figured out how to connect these devices to the new TELUS equipment.  Any support or help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@SpaceAce68 Wrote: Each CE Smart plug is only supported on 2.4ghz.

There has been a discussion regarding this matter in the forums previously. You may want to check this thread out regarding temporally turning off the 5.0Ghz network, and connecting your devices, then changing it back to a dual band network.

Thread linked here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/How-do-I-set-up-a-2-4-ghz-network-on-my-5-ghz-Telus-H...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

DrPacman
Rockstar

@SpaceAce68 Wrote: Each CE Smart plug is only supported on 2.4ghz.

There has been a discussion regarding this matter in the forums previously. You may want to check this thread out regarding temporally turning off the 5.0Ghz network, and connecting your devices, then changing it back to a dual band network.

Thread linked here: https://forum.telus.com/t5/Internet-Home-Phone/How-do-I-set-up-a-2-4-ghz-network-on-my-5-ghz-Telus-H...

If you find this post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

Bartsch_Labs
Friendly Neighbour

Another thing you might want to try before adjusting the access point is factory-resetting the smart plug.

From: https://support.cesmarthome.com/en/support/solutions/articles/44000568540-how-to-factory-reset-the-s...

If your Smart Plug is not connected to the CE Smart App, follow the below steps to initialize the blue flashing LED:

1. Press the Wi-Fi control button, located on the right side of the Smart Plug, once to turn the plug on (Red LED).
  2. Press again to turn off (Blue LED).
  3. Press and hold the Wi-Fi control button for about 10 seconds and release once the blue LED indicator begins quickly flashing.
  4. If the Red light comes back on steady, press and release the Wi-Fi control button once more, and the Blue light should begin quickly flashing.
  5. Once the LED indicator on the Smart Plug is flashing, the device is reset and ready to be reconnected or put away for future use.

Aworldintime
Just Moved In
This has been a issue for me over 3 weeks now. Many hours and days later there was no resolution to this problem. Seems they have made the new equipment not compatible for us to use with our smart plugs. And I'm yet to find one that will work.

Aworldintime
Just Moved In
We have the same set up and have had no luck with telus helping us. It's been weeks of me trying to get help with no fix. And doubt there ever will be. They have something blocking the ability for these plugs I guess. It's so frustrating. And I can't find anything that will work with it.

Me as well very disappointing as I have 4 of them and they worked with Shaw