cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unauthorized add-on purchase and online removal not available

trioE
Just Moved In

I noticed there has been a $15 dollars unlimited internet usage add-on added to my account since Jan 2020. I did not ask for this product, nor received notice for having this service started. This is very sneaky and I have never seen any provider force their customers to buy things that they are not aware of. Now I would like to remove this add-on from my account which it not available. I've tried "My Telus" both on app and website, there isn't a link to remove it. Then I've tried the online assistant and the call centre. I understand it is a difficult time and Telus is having limited team operation, but with the call centre completely closed, what other options do I have? Does this ever happen to anyone else, and how was it resolved? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I recall an offer last year for free unlimited internet for a period of time after which you would be charged if you didn't cancel when it ended. Is it possible you signed up for this last year?

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

pbsme
Ambassador

Is there any chance it shows as an add-on, but further down the bill, you see the charge being reversed?  I’m just wondering if maybe this is in response to the COVID-19 crisis and Telus maybe giving everyone unlimited for the time when so many are self isolating. 

Just a guess, and I could be wrong. Maybe someone knows for sure. 

trioE
Just Moved In
Hi there, I have checked my bills, for January there was a reduction, however for Feb and Mar there isn't and my balance for both month increased by 15+tax.

I recall an offer last year for free unlimited internet for a period of time after which you would be charged if you didn't cancel when it ended. Is it possible you signed up for this last year?