cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telus WiFi Hub - Port Forwarding not working?

wolffe
Friendly Neighbour

Port forwarding on my Telus WiFi Hub (white cylinder thing) isn't working. I open the correct ports that say a particular game requires with the correct forwarding local IP, and yet the port does not open. I can connect to my own game server for example by using my local IP, but using my public IP address times out and other users experience the same.

1. Telus tech support barely knows what's going

2. They say its a manufacturer issue so that I take the matter up with them

3. The company (Arcadya) is based out of Taiwan

The lack of support here really surprises me. I'm seriously considering switching back to Shaw as I've never had problems like this with their service.

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry about that. Unfortunately while port forwarding is an option for some of the devices we provide, it's not directly supported by our Tech Support team.

There are a number of other threads regarding port forwarding that may be of assistance:

One 

Two 

@FuzzyLogic and @Nighthawk are either of you able to help?

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

@A-B My experience is also with port forwarding on the T3200M since that's what I have currently. I'm not even sure what the admin interface on the Wifi Hub looks like.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I'm not familiar with port forwarding on the Arcadyan Wi-Fi hub as I have different equipment.

These instructions for the T3200M (what I have) may offer some clues as to what might be missing in your configuratuon:

Opening Ports in a Actiontec T3200M Router (portforward.com)

It's important to assign a static IP to the device you wish to access to ensure it all works as expected.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

xray
Hero

Can you provide some details on how you set it up?