cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Settings a DNS server with the Arcadyan Boost 2.0 router (White Cylinder)

Iv7n
Neighbour

I would like to set a DNS server that is not from Telus, specifically 1.1.1.1. However, I can not find ANYWHERE to change my DNS settings. I have looked in the Telus Connect App, as well as the admin panel of the router. On the admin panel. I can see that the DNS and gateway are set to another local ip, 192.168.1.254. Typing this into my browser opens another login page, but no matter what I put it always says my password or username is incorrect. When trying to reset the password it tells me that my default password is incorrect, despite using the one that is on the router. 

I have also tried to see if I can do this through the telus website, under the wifi section, but I always get the following error:

`We're sorry - there was an error loading your Wi-Fi information into our system. Please try refreshing this page or rebooting your modem.` . I have tried both of their solutions to no avail

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Boost 2.0 is merely a wireless access point and not a router. It's connected to the primary router that Telus provided to you whether it's the T3200M, the Wifi Hub or the NH20A/FXA5000. They all have the default IP of 192.168.1.254. That's where you would have to try set the DNS.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Boost 2.0 is merely a wireless access point and not a router. It's connected to the primary router that Telus provided to you whether it's the T3200M, the Wifi Hub or the NH20A/FXA5000. They all have the default IP of 192.168.1.254. That's where you would have to try set the DNS.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

I forgot to mention I have an NH20A modem. After you left your comment, I realized that I could probably open the front panel to find the password, and lo and behold, it was there. I now managed to log into 192.168.1.254 and I found where I can input the dns. Thank you

Ah, so THAT is where it is. Thanks.

EdJuan
Friendly Neighbour

Hello,

I set up the Apache (XAMPP) home server and changed the localhost to a domain name. Now, I am left with how to configure that router to set the website DNS so that it can be reached on the World Wide Web.

I am a newbie and would appreciate any help.

Thanks a lot...

EdJuan
Friendly Neighbour

Router Information:

Product Vendor: Technicolor
Product Name: NH20T
Serial Number: CP2132GA6UE
Software Version: 20.3.i.0485.9

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have change my DNS to use Quad9 on the T3200. This info will propogate to all your devices connected to your router. The settings are found under Advance Setup>LAN IP Settings:

FuzzyLogic_0-1694901140480.png

Just a long time customer hoping to help.