cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router recommendations

JR_99
Helpful Neighbour

Hello,

I'm thinking of getting a third party router to add to my network for additional control/security. Wondering if there are any suggestions to which router brands/models work best with Telus equipment. We have Telus TV so I imagine we'd need to keep our modem. We currently have the Telus Arcadyan Wi-Fi Hub, any suggestions on how to incorporate that with a third party router? Is the T3200 a better option instead of the Arcadyan when using your own router?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

I have an Asus RT-AC86U connected to the T3200M (not bridged) which works well for me. My experience with a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 was a disaster. I think Netgear outsources the firmware development to drunk monkeys bent on revenge against humankind.

There have been some issues reported here regarding the Arcadyan but I don't recall the details. You should do a searrch on the forum to find out.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

xray
Hero

I have an Asus RT-AC86U connected to the T3200M (not bridged) which works well for me. My experience with a Netgear Nighthawk R7000 was a disaster. I think Netgear outsources the firmware development to drunk monkeys bent on revenge against humankind.

There have been some issues reported here regarding the Arcadyan but I don't recall the details. You should do a searrch on the forum to find out.