cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PureFibre annual electricity consumption/cost?

Mr_noemail
Helpful Neighbour

Dew to copper wire failure I'm forced to migrate to PureFibre for home phone to work again! Technician stated there’s no cost to transfer to the PureFibre but the system does draw electrical power from the residence... with only home phone connected what is the approximate annual electricity consumption/cost?

4 REPLIES 4

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

I'd imagine it'd depend on where you are (i.e. BC Hydro vs. a company in AB, and so on) but for the most part, home phones like cordless ones etc. don't use up too much power at all...something like 2-3 watts per hour? There are pages like Energy Use Calculator that may be helpful. Otherwise you can always reach out to our Tech Support team at 1-888-811-2323 and they can hopefully provide further insight.

Mr_noemail
Helpful Neighbour

Hello A-B,

I meant of the PureFibre component/device itself that needs to be installed in the residence, and plugged into AC, that the existing phones will then be connected to.

A-B
Community Manager
Community Manager

Our routers consume less than 356 watts of about 3/4 kWh per day. In most areas that's still pennies. The power consumption should be listed on the sticker attached to the unit. For example, our wHSIA 5G Smart Hub Outdoor Unit has a power raiting of 48.0V - 0.31A 15W. Our Tech Support team would be able to get definitive numbers should need it, but the power consumption is extremely low.

Mr_noemail
Helpful Neighbour

So about a 60 watt light bulb on for 6 hours a day, 365 days a year, thanks! Actually the fibre drop isn't scheduled until mid March and then the actual install sometime after that so right now I have no equipment to look at, that why i asked in here.