cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with using thirty party router that gives me less speed

starry03
Neighbour

I've recently got telus to 150mbps download and 30mbps upload for copper t3200m telus modem. I've bridged it for one port and disable the telus router wifi and I've tested the speed for the third party router with bridged for the wifi and its 86.4 download speed and 41.6 upload speed. For the direct third party router i've tested the speed and its 91mbps download speed and 46 mbps upload speed.

My connections are like this.

Third party router AX5400 tplink wan is connected to Ooma voip Home and Omma voip  internet connected to telus t3200m modem lan 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then I would suggest the issue is likely with your additional router.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What happens if you connect a computer directly to LAN 1 and run a speed test?

NFtoBC

starry03
Neighbour

Actually I plug the computer directly to lan2 on telus modem and the speed test is 140mbps download speed and the upload speed is 46 mbps upload speed

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Then I would suggest the issue is likely with your additional router.

NFtoBC

starry03
Neighbour

Should I factory reset my tp link router to see if it fixes the problem.

starry03
Neighbour

Got helped from TP Link and it solves the issues,and I've switched the cat 5 cable to cat6 cables and I've retested the speed but this time by direct tplink and the download speed is 140 mbps and the upload speed is 43mbps. I've also tested the wifi speed with tp link and the download speed is 120mbps and the upload speed is 36mbps.