cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phones are not ringing

NelsonC
Neighbour

None of my phones (land line) are ringing. People call me and they get a busy tone. I cannot dial out. I have tone. I have reset my phones. I have all phones charged. I have gone through the Chat (automated procedure of troubleshooting) with no results. What do I do next?

4 REPLIES 4

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

If you've gone through all troubleshooting, go through the automated chat or call and report No Dialtone specifically. 

With the troubleshooting, what happens when you unplug the phones from the phone lines and then try calling your number from a cell? If still busy, definitely a no dialtone issue and likely outside of the house.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

NelsonC
Neighbour

Thanks for the suggestions. I cannot call, I have no functioning phone(s), or cellphone. I will try the Chat, although I thought I was using it with a real person until I realized it is automated and infinite loop once completed! Someone called my number from a cell, and they were met with a busy tone. That's how I found out my landline is not working properly. 

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

We had this issue with a commercial account landline. Had a dial tone, but no calls in or out. Took an adjustment on the back end to fix it.

I suggest borrowing a phone to make a call to Telus to effect correction.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

Thanks!  I had to use the chat with a live person. The fix was applied in the backend after multiple resets. Ended the call via emails.