cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pausing Home Wi-Fi/Internet for Snowbirds

tazman222
Neighbour

We are travelling to the US for the winter ( 5 months). Is there a way to pause your Home Wi-Fi/internet for that time period, or do you have to cancel and reconnect when you return?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

tazman222
Neighbour

Thanks DrPacman, I went on love chat and here is the response:

TELUS offers 'Voluntary Suspension of Service' once every 12 months for a minimum of 1 month up to a maximum of 6 months (180 days).

Keep services at reduced costs with no need to pay for most features while on vacation.

Placing your services on voluntary suspension does not affect the length of your current term.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DrPacman
Rockstar

@tazman222 Wrote: Is there a way to pause your Home Wi-Fi/internet for that time period.

I know at one time Telus offered a suspension of service for just this type of instance, however, when I searched the website for that information I was unable to find what I was looking for. So, I would suggest you contact Telus utilizing any of the following methods

I'd start with the chat function, and if that doesn't work, the following number and departments should be able to assist, Technical Support: 1-888-811-2323, Account, billing & sales support: same number: 1-888-811-2323.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo", or mark as "Solution", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

tazman222
Neighbour

Thanks DrPacman, I went on love chat and here is the response:

TELUS offers 'Voluntary Suspension of Service' once every 12 months for a minimum of 1 month up to a maximum of 6 months (180 days).

Keep services at reduced costs with no need to pay for most features while on vacation.

Placing your services on voluntary suspension does not affect the length of your current term.