cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internet drops off

reneeazDaryl
Coach
I have a new iPad Pro. The Internet continually drops off. I contacted Telus and They checked my Internet connection and said there’s nothing wrong with my modem etc. I contacted Apple and they sent me to an Apple store and they checked the iPad Pro out and there’s nothing wrong with it either. Because I have it divided into 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz, they suggested that I forget the 5 GHz. I have done this. Still drops the Internet. Now I have no recourse as I have tried everything. I have reset the network on my iPad and turned it off and on several times. At times, it is extremely hard to even get back onto the Internet. Does anyone have another suggestion?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could also try a factory reset on your router. I've had problems with Apple devices if the wifi settings are anything other than the defaults.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

It the internet dropping, or is your Wi-Fi dropping? The two are different. Have you other devices connected either by ethernet or Wi-Fi for comparison?

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

It’s the Wi-Fi that drops off. It only happens on my new iPad. Even an older iPhone hasn’t got this problem and neither does the laptop.

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

I have the latest iPad mini and haven't had any issues with wifi. This is a pretty good list of things to try to rectify the problem:

How to Keep an iPad From Dropping Wi-Fi Signals (chron.com)

I went over all of those with Telus and online with Apple. We got me back online but as soon as I hung up from both of them I dropped again

Have you tried disabling either the 5Ghz or 2.4Ghz band entirely and see if you have better luck?

That is very strange... but everything you mentioned seems to isolate the iPad itself as the culprit... 

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

You could also try a factory reset on your router. I've had problems with Apple devices if the wifi settings are anything other than the defaults.

MetaBotNot
Friendly Neighbour

Hi There,

you may have tried this already but, I though I would suggest it.

If you are in moderate to marginal wifi coverage it may be interference from another router in the neighborhood.

This may be causing your drop outs.  You can test this out by changing frequencies/channels on the router or find an app. that will measure the wifi frequencies around you (unfortunately I don't know of a good one for Apple but, I use Windows 10 free versions of "Wifi Analyzer" and "Acrylic Suite".  From the measurements you can hopefully manually select the least used frequency which will have less interference.

good luck