cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am gonna move to the new home and have some questions about the telus internet.

TommyL
Just Moved In

I am gonna move to the new home and have some questions about the telus internet.

20180604_132159.jpg

↑↑↑↑↑ My new home is using this ONT

oAAQ00h.jpg

↑↑↑↑↑ My current home is using NOKIA ONT & T3200m Modem

1,Which model is the new one?
2,Why does the Alcatel ONT used at the new home need a battery replacement (because already BEEP BEEP BEEP to indicate the need for battery replacement), while the NOKIA one doesn't need a battery anymore?
3,Does the new home still need to use the T3200 MODEM, the black one?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Nokia is newer, but the ONT is considered part of the house, and is supposed to stay.

Older installations included the battery if phone services are on fibre. Recent installations only include the battery backup if the customer does not have a cellular plan. 

Yes, you can take the T3200M with you to your new house.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The Nokia is newer, but the ONT is considered part of the house, and is supposed to stay.

Older installations included the battery if phone services are on fibre. Recent installations only include the battery backup if the customer does not have a cellular plan. 

Yes, you can take the T3200M with you to your new house.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

"The Nokia is newer, but the ONT is considered part of the house, and is supposed to stay."
Can I ask Telus to change the ONT to the newer ONT, the Nokia one?

"Older installations included the battery if phone services are on fibre. Recent installations only include the battery backup if the customer does not have a cellular plan. "
I don't quite understand. Did you mean Alcatel ONT with the battery is for phone service on fibre and the Nokia ONT without battery is no phone service only the internet service?

"Yes, you can take the T3200M with you to your new house."
Can I connect the T3200m modem to the wall when the fribe internet service is activated in my new home which is using the Alcatel ONT?

@TommyL  Your copper tel wires in house  are hooked to he ont via pots 1 or 2........... 3200 via cate cable........... you have tel but not when power is off.  That what the battery backup is for and it will go dead if you use the phone to much. If the power is out your phone will work but not your internet because your 3200 has no power.

Is there a way to supply the backup power to the 3200 as well?

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@LisaO  You could purchase a backup UPS to power the T3200

@WestCoasterBC @LisaO   Power is out   The ups would also have to supply power to the ont ----- Am i correct ??? Ups would have to be large to last a reasonable length of time. 

Ya that looks like the only option