cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High ping/latency for online gaming

Juicebox
Neighbour
So I have fibre optic internet 300. While playing online multiplayer games like Overwatch, Call of Duty MW and CS:GO I am getting anywhere between 60-100 ms ping/latency. Everyone one of my friends I talk to with Telus fibre optic are getting 20-30 Ms latency.

My connection is hard wired so I'm trying to figure out why I am getting such a high latency. Anyone else experiencing high latency or am I the only one?
I'm thinking there could be issues with the wiring perhaps?

Thanks !
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A lot of it can be the servers you are connecting to. Depending on their location, the latency can vary regardless if you have fibre optic or not. In some cases it can also depend on the platform you are using too. (PC vs. Console)

Do you have any game server addresses that you are using so that others can test from their own connections?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

A lot of it can be the servers you are connecting to. Depending on their location, the latency can vary regardless if you have fibre optic or not. In some cases it can also depend on the platform you are using too. (PC vs. Console)

Do you have any game server addresses that you are using so that others can test from their own connections?

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂