cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Maps - How to solve Organization Administrator issue

cpantelis
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hey everyone! We’ve noticed a few threads pop up from customers having trouble getting access to their Personal Google account data (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Photos, YouTube, etc.).

This issue is typically caused by an error known as “conflicting accounts” (otherwise known as the “Please contact your Organization Administrator” issue. It happens when the TELUS email was used as the login to the personal Google account. Each account must have its own unique login or else the system wouldn’t know which account you’re trying to access.

Not to worry though, this can easily be resolved by following the steps below on how to rename your personal Google account.

Step 1: Add another account

1. From your TELUS email inbox, on the top right corner, click on the button that has your initial
  2. Select Add another account

cpantelis_0-1620131020720.png

Step 2. Sign in to your account
On the sign-in page, you will have to enter an email address with the domain @gtempaccount.com. Follow these steps:

1. Take note of your TELUS email address: [email protected]
  2. Replace the @ sign with the % sign. You now have: example%telus.net
  3. Enter that information in the username field and add @gtempaccount.com at the end to complete it, as shown in the image
  4. Select Next

cpantelis_1-1620131050002.png

Step 3: Enter your Google account password

Enter your Google account password and select Next

Note

• This is not the password you recently created for your TELUS email powered by Google. This is the password you used in the past to access your Google services. 
  • Forgot password? If you don’t remember when or why you created a Google account, chances are you don’t remember your password. Select Forgot password? and follow the various prompts from Google to recover the account.

cpantelis_2-1620131079133.png

Step 4: Change your password

You will then be asked to enter and re-enter a new password.

cpantelis_3-1620131099757.png

Step 5: Sign out of your account

On the Google account homepage, click on your initial at the top right and sign out of your account

cpantelis_4-1620131121303.png

Step 6: Sign in again

Sign in again with the same credentials you just created

cpantelis_5-1620131139892.png

Step 7: Choose an email address to access your account

This is where you choose an email address to use going forward to access your Google services.

• Select An account with Gmail and New Gmail address and click Continue.

Note: If you already have another Gmail account, unfortunately, you will not be able to use it to complete this step. You will have to create a new account

• If you do not wish to create an email address with Google (ending in @gmail.com), you can choose the option “An account that uses a non-Google email address you already own.” This includes any other email address you have that isn’t a Gmail address or a telus.net address. This email address will then become your username when signing in to Google service not connected to your TELUS email

cpantelis_6-1620131158340.png

Step 8: Choose your Gmail address

1. Enter your name
  2. Choose your Gmail address
  3. Enter mobile phone and your current email address 
  4. Select Submit

Note: The information you enter in the field “Your current email address” will be used as a way to retrieve this account in the future. You may use your TELUS email address in this field.

cpantelis_7-1620131175388.png

Step 9: Access Google services

• Access your Google services
  • Once you complete the previous step, you will land on the Gmail page
  • Select the 9-dot icon on the top right corner to see the list of Google services you have access to with your new account

Note: If you’re unsure as to which Google services you had created this account for, go to myaccount.google.com/dashboard

cpantelis_8-1620131196455.png

How to toggle between both accounts

Google makes it easy to toggle between accounts. 

1. Simply click on your initials on the top right-hand corner. You will then be able to select the account you want to use.

Note:

• If you sign in with [email protected] you will now have access to your TELUS email, calendar, and contacts
  • If you sign in with [email protected] you will have access to any other Google services you were previously using with your TELUS email address. You no longer need to use the temporary email address (example%[email protected])

cpantelis_9-1620131218808.png

For more tip & tricks related to the migration to Google visit our TELUS email setup & help with migration support page

21 REPLIES 21

rskinner
Just Moved In

So far does not work. I've tried the gtempaccount thing but the response is the account cannot be found. 

Any options, ideas??

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Were you previously using your telus.net email address as your Google login, and you login to the new telus service with that same address? If so, it seems strange you would get an ‘address not found’ error.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

I have had the same issue. Google will not let me set up a temp account.

Since the migration we have not been able to access our blogger website, YouTube or docs. "No access, contact your administrator "

We have previously used our Telus email to access our Google accounts. Telus business support has been no help. Told me to find an I T person!

Any ideas?

FuzzyLogic
Community Power User
Community Power User

As someone who never had a Google account prior to the Telus migration I don't think this will work for people who didn't previously have a GMail account. Alternatively you can create a Google account and then follow these instructions.

I found simply logging out of my Google hosted Telus email restores access to the Google services. I normally use Outlook to access my email which alleviates the issue when using web based email.

Alternatively using a second InPrivate (Edge) or Incognito (Chrome) window will let me access these services while logged into Telus webmail.

Just a long time customer hoping to help.

Ingebelle
Neighbour

Yes, I discovered I have multiple google accounts from over the years. Thank goodness I have another email not gmail or telus.  When I get the error, I look at the account profile pic and say, ahhh!  Log out of all accounts, and then log in with the non-gmail/telus.  Phew!  BTW, the "no account access" pop-up just started occurring last 2 weeks or so.  I have had the different accounts for over a year.  Any idea why it pops up now?

nathannathaniel
Just Moved In

You must be joking. I've just about had it with Telus. After their "migration" to gmail, I had to pay an IT guy $500 to get my mail working. Then Telus screwed up my other email, and I spent 2 hours on the phone with AppleCare, trying to get the Telus mess tidied up. The Apple guy—from the USA—said at least half of his big problems have to do with Telus.

"You need to talk to Telus," he said.  LOL  I said, "Telus does not care."

Now they're getting into health. For god's sake I hope anyone going to Telus for healthcare ups their life insurance, cuz if Telus handles health care like they handle IT, you're gonna need more life insurance.

There should actually be a class action law suit over this.

Sorry to hear that Nathannathaniel, did you get your Gmail issues sorted? 

Whitekat88
Just Moved In

I am not able to do this.  I've had a gmail account for years.  Is it the password for that account that I use for the @gtempaccount that I am setting up??  When I try that, it says it's not correct - but I know it is.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

@Whitekat88 

These instructions are for people who used [email protected] as their gmail account address. Sis you use your Telus email address when setting up the gmail account? If not and your gmail account is [email protected], then this process does not apply.

NFtoBC

Oldfart
Just Moved In

Re: the 'No access to Google Maps' problem.

You stated that:

"This issue is typically caused by an error known as “conflicting accounts”".   While this is stating the obvious, the REAL error was the Telus decision to migrate to the 'new, improved' Google based email system.  The system was perfectly adequate for many (most?)  email users prior to the migration and it's difficult to appreciate why Telus made this move other than for dollars and cents business reasons.  Not only does the new system restrict access to Google Maps and some other Google functions, but it is also appreciably more cumbersome to use and maintain than the old system.  During the migration of my old emails, with the help of one of the Telus email experts(??), two valuable files containing medical and financial emails were lost.  I would instantly revert to my old system if I had the chance.

Access to google maps is difficult. For users not technically savvy Telus' restrictiveness due to google rules hampers the user. Why don't Telus and google figure out how to retain security and retain the simple access to google maps without one having to create a second account? Figure out a different way to put a wall around contacts!

Linda

SuesRomeo
Neighbour

I was happy to find this string and look forward to trying it tonight. As I have been haunted by: 

We are sorry, but you do not have access to Google Docs. 

Please contact your Organization Administrator for access.

SuesRomeo
Neighbour

It won't let me set up this temp account.

I have important documents in Google Files that are only linked to my telus.net account, so using my 'more generic' Gmail Account is not an option.  What now?

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

What error messages do you see when you follow this process?

NFtoBC

SuesRomeo
Neighbour

As soon as I get to the 'add an email address', I enter my email address with a % instead of an @ followed by the tgmail thing -  and it asks me for a password - then it says that email doesn't exist.

google.png

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Let’s see if @cpantelis can help.

NFtoBC

Rick81
Coach

You've got to be kidding  ... right? All these incantations including blowing up my gmail.com account. Give me a break

Rick81
Coach

Give me a break. All these incantations, including blowing away my existing gmail.com account?

Rick81
Coach

This topic has been all over the web for quite a while. It seems the solution is to modify the Administrator Console. Of course we don't have access to the Administrator Console. Sooooo, would I be correct in assuming that Telus is the Administrator and has access to the Administrator Console and could turn features such as Google Maps on or off?