cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fibre Upgrade

spamseeker
Just Moved In

I live in a strata lot and was told that my area has not been serviced for fibre upgrade. I was told there is a charge for servicing strata lots but individual houses are not charged. I am stuck at internet 75 and want to get better internet and not providing this service for strata lots limits and frustrates customers. If this is true, please change policies. If it is not, please tell me what I need to do to get my strata to upgrade.

4 REPLIES 4

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Your Strata would have to put in a request for fibre. Someone on council, or the management company. It would also have to be discussed at your strata meeting and brought up. They may or may not even allow the request by one owner. Depending on the infrastructure the builder chose it may or may not be possible, if they made exclusive deal to have only one provider in your complex.

The Strata would have to put in the request to get the ball rolling. At the link here.

spamseeker
Just Moved In
But is there any charges to strata to put in any infrastructure or is this free after the request has been put in?

There isn't a fee for the infrastructure there would be zero cost to the strata. But again it will all depends how your complex was serviced when initially built.

@spamseeker      Like WestCoasterBC  says what infrastructure the builder chose ---power ---tel ---cable. So internet is supplied by Tel copper wire or cable coax cable. Hopefully in conduit if not whole strata has to be dug up cut pavement or directional drill every drive way sidewalk hand dig lots. You can have Telus give you 150 speed by having them bond the 2 pairs of copper wires coming into house or go to cable internet for a higher speed  Getting telus fibre in older strata and apartment blocks has it's problems. It's all $$$$$$$