cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my wifi router

Ticharlo
Just Moved In

Hey, I was wondering if it was possible to plug a switch into the fiber optic terminal. To this switch I would add the T3200M router supplied as standard and another router purchased on amazon. Can I make this change, if so which router would you advise me to buy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Technically yes. Residential accounts were allowed 2 IP addresses in the past. If you have Optik, all Optik boxes would need to be connected to the T3200. As for a third party router, there are so many choices out there it's hard to recommend just one. If you have a gigabit fibre connection, look for a Wifi6 router to get the best speeds wirelessly for any of your devices with Wifi6.

As a side note, if you ever run into connection issues, you would need to test from the T3200 as tech support will not provide support for issues with a third party router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Technically yes. Residential accounts were allowed 2 IP addresses in the past. If you have Optik, all Optik boxes would need to be connected to the T3200. As for a third party router, there are so many choices out there it's hard to recommend just one. If you have a gigabit fibre connection, look for a Wifi6 router to get the best speeds wirelessly for any of your devices with Wifi6.

As a side note, if you ever run into connection issues, you would need to test from the T3200 as tech support will not provide support for issues with a third party router.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂