cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Boost wi-fi and moca

alf3124
Organizer

Hey guys, I've had PureFibre Gigabit for a few months now. Ethernet speeds are blazing but haven't been happy with the wi-fi coverage. So, I have the Boost Starter 2-pack arriving soon and have some questions about installation and function.

Since i have working moca adapters in 2 other rooms, I'm hoping to take advantage of an ethernet backhaul. Can I connect each Boost pack via moca in those other rooms? Or does the first one have to be directly connected into one of the ports of the router? I have the newer white tower - Telus Wi-fi Hub).

Do the Boost packs create a new wi-fi network? My hope is to just take the existing network and extend it, since I'm happy with the wi-fi speeds right next to the router (I get around 500-600 mbps)

Thanks in advance!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The 2 Boost units will act as an extension of your Wi-Fi hub, using the same SSID. 
They should be able to be connected to any Ethernet Connection on your network, as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

The 2 Boost units will act as an extension of your Wi-Fi hub, using the same SSID. 
They should be able to be connected to any Ethernet Connection on your network, as well.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

That's great to hear!Looking forward to setting these up now. Thanks for your response.