cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backup systems to prevent internet disruptions

Homeboy
Friendly Neighbour
Our Telus internet connection goes down from time to time. How is this avoided? Duplicate systems? Backup battery?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Homeboy Wrote Our Telus internet connection goes down from time to time. How is this avoided?

I don't want to indicate that this is a non solvable problem. However, this is indeed a problem than a lot of forethought needs to be explored.

If your internet fails because of power outages, indeed this may be solved by connecting your Telus hardware to a UPS battery backup system.

If your discussing a redundant internet connection, that raises a whole different set of complications. Those may include multiple ISP's for providing internet connections. Perhaps cable internet, LTE, etc... This type of system requires a set of hardware capable of determining that one connection has failed, and connecting to the backup service.

Again a much more complicated solution. For reference perhaps google multi ISP failover systems... I'm sure you'll find lots of info... Cheers...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

DrPacman
Rockstar

@Homeboy Wrote Our Telus internet connection goes down from time to time. How is this avoided?

I don't want to indicate that this is a non solvable problem. However, this is indeed a problem than a lot of forethought needs to be explored.

If your internet fails because of power outages, indeed this may be solved by connecting your Telus hardware to a UPS battery backup system.

If your discussing a redundant internet connection, that raises a whole different set of complications. Those may include multiple ISP's for providing internet connections. Perhaps cable internet, LTE, etc... This type of system requires a set of hardware capable of determining that one connection has failed, and connecting to the backup service.

Again a much more complicated solution. For reference perhaps google multi ISP failover systems... I'm sure you'll find lots of info... Cheers...

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Solution", or mark as "Kudo", if it solves your problem, thank you very much.

rc
Rockstar

Is your internet connection fiber?   

Also, can you provide additional information on the outage, is it because of a power failure or that you cannot access the internet from your devices?   Any error lights show on you modem etc.