Hi all. We recently upgraded to fiber now we have two ssid's with the same password on our LAN - ie TELUSnnnn (the original) and TELUSnnnn-2.4G. The computers in the house can handle this, connecting only to the 2.4G SSID but it seems to have confused the daylights out of my Samsung Grand Prime phone. It was on the original SSID ok but then I tried to tell it to use the new one and now it won't connect to either even though while trying to figure it out it shows both as available with green connectivity arcs in the icons.
I'm wondering if a possible solution might be to rename the original SSID and give it a new password?
Well something is odd then as I just logged into the modem with the local ip address and it says that SmartSteeering is on and only shows the one original ssid which, after reading about it here on the Telus site, I think is how it's supposed to work.
I'm still leaning to the phone being the problem as it is almost 7 years old and everything else on the LAN works (except the Canon printer which only works from some of the computers).
I had 2 computers that would not print anymore when I hooked up to Telus. Absolute battle with the Telus wifi. Tried everything for months. In the end, I put the gateway in bridge mode, turned the radio off, hooked up my old router to port 1.....and every problem we were experiencing in our house disappeared. Maybe thats the same thing your phone is having.
No one at Telus could figure this out. We were changing out switches, STB's, testing network cables. Something was interfering with the in house network, and we just had to battle thru it to find it.