cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TELUS Business Connect Hack

Prothane
Neighbour

Did anyone else admin account for Business Connect get hack. I got email alert at July 19th 2022 1:30am that the admin account password and PIN got changed. I was locked out but I was able to reset my password. Changed my PIN, found in my security log the the admin account login in single attempt in the morning no signs of a brute for attack. my security question was change at the same time. but the log didn't show the password change or PIN change. I find this odd the password for the account , pin and security question is all unique using password manager with 20 characters random. As well all the cisco desk phone are not connecting to Business Connect but my one polycom is connected.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Prothane
Neighbour

I think you right. I been working with Telus team and Ringcentral. There was a hack in the fax services (for us and some other clients), the team has closed the hole and well they are working on having two factor authentication on Biz connect. 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

jobrien
Advocate

I've heard about this happening. I'm on business as well and think that the most likely culperate is cloud service credentials. I eventually declined business wifi over the fact that a cloud service has to be used to change personal wifi settings. That's not secure what so ever.

Prothane
Neighbour

I think you right. I been working with Telus team and Ringcentral. There was a hack in the fax services (for us and some other clients), the team has closed the hole and well they are working on having two factor authentication on Biz connect.