cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

On ADSL requested Fiber for my business

cryptoinvestor
Organizer

Hello I recently acquired telus services ADSL and my business requires much more bandwidth then I currently getting but for some reason SHAW refuses to service this location which was a option for me before.  I am in the UNION BAY, BC area and was told fiber is to roll out soon. 

IS there any definate dates to my fiber installation in Union Bay, BC so I can get the speeds again that my business requires?

10 REPLIES 10

cryptoinvestor
Organizer

Hello I recently acquired telus services ADSL and my business requires much more bandwidth then I currently getting but for some reason SHAW refuses to service this location which was a option for me before.  I am in the UNION BAY, BC area and was told fiber is to roll out soon. 

IS there any definate dates to my fiber installation in Union Bay, BC so I can get the speeds again that my business requires?

The line speed is 3 MBS currently but was 5.3 MBS then it stopped working that fast and a tech showed up but still the 5.3 MBS speed hasn't returned

Unfortunately Telus doesn’t announce when they will be rolling out fibre. I’ve been waiting over three years in Nanoose Bay.

Why do they keep saying they are its going to be soon yet give no date though as to when its happening for real?

That would be due to Telus running fibre all over BC and Alberta. There are a limited number of crews that deal with the fibre infrastucture installation and they appear to be doing it one community / city / town at a time. Telus doesn't publish when each community will see the upgrade nor how long each installation will take.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Have they ran fibre to the residences yet? I know where I used to live it took about 6 months after that.

Who are the they telling you soon? Telus employees?

Telus employees keep telling me really soon they will be available yet they give no time many different occasions on the phone telus employees tell me they are currently upgrading the area.

Anyone have any idea how it could start at 5.3 MBS then get worst within the week and now down to 3 MBS?  How does its start better then get worst?

cryptoinvestor
Organizer

Well a update if your curious a tech did stop by Mike solved the problem for the most part of slow internet speeds but still I'm not geting the 15mbs I was promised at telus.  I do now get 5 mbs so we are getting there but still I dont consider the problem solved since the slowest shaw package is 30 Mbs its too bad I still have yet to get half that which is the package I am currently on.

cryptoinvestor
Organizer

Seems someone climbed the pole again today and now the speed is worst every time you complain about slow speeds is it a fact that they make it worst intentionally?