cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Comms tower Opportunity

Felix66
Neighbour
Good afternoon Telus,
I’d like to explore the opportunity of hosting a Telus tower on my rural property.
It has an elevated point with theoretical line of sight to two-three other comms towers and nearby settlements that may be of value, as well as road access from all sides.
Thanks
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There used to be another post with a similar request some time ago but I can't find it. If someone offers land to build a tower on, it's pretty uncommon for the offer to be accepted. Getting a new tower installed is a complex process involving a few levels of government and can take years. Telus usually plans out well in advance where they need towers since they are very expensive and may need a fibre backhaul installed. If there is sufficient service in the area, there may be no need to add a tower. Rural towers do cover considerable distances.

Additionally depending on where you live, there may or may not even be Telus towers nearby as Telus shares Bell's towers in most regions outside of BC and Alberta.

You can see which towers are nearby to you here: http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

There used to be another post with a similar request some time ago but I can't find it. If someone offers land to build a tower on, it's pretty uncommon for the offer to be accepted. Getting a new tower installed is a complex process involving a few levels of government and can take years. Telus usually plans out well in advance where they need towers since they are very expensive and may need a fibre backhaul installed. If there is sufficient service in the area, there may be no need to add a tower. Rural towers do cover considerable distances.

Additionally depending on where you live, there may or may not even be Telus towers nearby as Telus shares Bell's towers in most regions outside of BC and Alberta.

You can see which towers are nearby to you here: http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂