cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

harrasement (door to door sales)

husula48
Just Moved In

had two men at our door trying to get us to convert from our service provider , ( phone , TV and internet) . Repeatedly told them we were not interested. The one guy was very pushy kept insisting telus could give us a better deal. Again told them we were NOT INTERESTED. !!  Two hours later they were caught on our door cam approaching our door a second time . 

we  were out . This was at 6:45pm.

Final warning Telus , we are not interested in any of your products . Any further harassments and we call in the cops. By the way are these two guys  licensed to peddle your products door to door ?  Best check . because I will be. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey there, I've sent you a private message so that I can gather more information from you in order to escalate this and ensure it doesn't happen again. Can you please reply back once you get a moment? Thank you!  

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Fabylous
Neighbourhood Alum
Neighbourhood Alum

Hi @husula48 sorry to hear of your experience with the Door to door agents.  We certainly don't encourage such practice. Were you able to get their agent ID?  

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey there, I've sent you a private message so that I can gather more information from you in order to escalate this and ensure it doesn't happen again. Can you please reply back once you get a moment? Thank you!  

NKF
Just Moved In

I had the exact same issue with Telus door-to-door sales team members harassing us. The first time I was very clear I was not interested and they would not take no for an answer. He even asked me to disturb my wife and talk to her while she was putting our baby to sleep, he said he would wait. The second time my wife answered the door and despite having to deal with two dogs and a baby she eventually just had to say not interested and close the door on them. It has been twice in about a month. I do not appreciate these sales tactics and would gladly be placed on no in-person contact list if one exists. 

Lib
Friendly Neighbour

Request a photo taken on your phone with contact info of their 'management' or 'superior' with the intent of follow-up. This should weed out the scammers and/or lead to contact for resolution.  I know it sounds invasive, but, isn't that what the sales team is doing? Good Luck