cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Disarm with Unlock

Allan_M
Organizer

I just had Telus Home Security installed. The tech told me that there is a way to set the system to disarm when I unlock the smart door lock. I can't seem to find this in the settings? Is it actually possible to do that? If so, how?

#SmartHome #SmartDoorLocks #Disarm 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may have to use If This Then That to create this functionality. Another option may be by Geofencing, but the fence may be too wide.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

MelH
TELUS Team Member
TELUS Team Member

Hey Allan! Once you create a new user, you will also have the option to give them a code to your panel. You can find a video with the steps here: https://www.telus.com/en/support/article/add-edit-user-access-and-codes

Not what I asked for. Your bot AI needs some work.

NFtoBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

You may have to use If This Then That to create this functionality. Another option may be by Geofencing, but the fence may be too wide.

NFtoBC
If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Kudo"

TheGurinder
Just Moved In

Hi Allan,

I was looking for this, and I think you're looking for what I was looking for. What I did to have the smart lock disarm the panel, you have to log into the smarthome web portal, https://smarthome-security.telus.com/, where you can typically change your users etc online. You want to click on AUTOMATION on the left hand side of the portal. Click ADD NEW RULE and you want an EVENT-TRIGGERED RULE then all you need to do is set it to Security System, Arm/Disarm, select your device, and when you want it to happen. Hit save, and that should take care of it. At least that's what worked for me

I want to be able to disarm the system from inside the house without using a user code. TheGurinder's solution only applies to unlocking the smartlock from outside. Is there a way to set up a rule or a trigger that can disarm the system when the smartlock is unlocked from inside?