cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pik TV On-Demand Content Missing After App Update

Ateam
Just Moved In
Hi, we recently updated the app to the new version and noticed a lot of on-demand content missing that we are planning to watch this week. Specifically, we’ve been watching the Magnolia Network (formerly DIY Network). There were several shows we were watching on-demand last weekend and now everything disappeared and there’s only 1 show available. We see that the Magnolia logo is reverted back to DIY now. Does anybody know what happened? Is there any way to get all the content (all the series) accessible again?
We’re very disappointed and hope there’s a resolution soon. Thanks for any suggestions or advice!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Ateam 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention; the On Demand team is looking into it. Earlier this year, the DIY network was rebranded to Magnolia, and this change didn't filter through all the different systems we have with our content provider partners, so the change wasn't reflected in the most recent Pik TV app updates.

Apologies for the inconvenience - the team is working to resolve this, and your missing On Demand programming should be available soon!

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Hmm. You are right. On Pik, Magnolia is completely missing from On Demand. DIY is there but it only has a single title listed. In the guide on Pik, and actually Optik as well, channel 311 has the DIY logo. On Optik, Magnolia is still present under On Demand with 18 titles showing.

@KHR - Any chance you could look into this? 🙂

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

KHR
TELUS Employee
TELUS Employee

Hi @Ateam 

Thanks for bringing this to our attention; the On Demand team is looking into it. Earlier this year, the DIY network was rebranded to Magnolia, and this change didn't filter through all the different systems we have with our content provider partners, so the change wasn't reflected in the most recent Pik TV app updates.

Apologies for the inconvenience - the team is working to resolve this, and your missing On Demand programming should be available soon!

Ateam
Just Moved In

Thanks for your response @KHR. I find it puzzling that all the On Demand content (about 15-20 shows) on Magnolia that was available in the past few weeks shortly after DIY changed to Magnolia at the end of March has disappeared and now Magnolia Network (On Demand) has changed back to DIY Network 2021 but the live tv is still showing as Magnolia Network. This all changed only when the app updated to the new version. It looked like some poor update planning over 2 weeks ago - what's the ETA to get this resolved so we can get Magnolia Network On Demand with all the shows again? Thanks again for looking into this.

Nighthawk
Community Power User
Community Power User

Part of the issue is that Pik changed the entire back end platform to a completely new one, at least according to the old Pik set top box. I'm guessing that the on demand content just hasn't been fully copied or added to the new platform for some reason yet. I'm hoping it'll be updated soon.

If you find a post useful, please give the author a "Like" or mark as an accepted solution if it solves your trouble. 🙂

Skysalla
Just Moved In

This update is a nightmare! Lost all my favourites and progress on shows! Nothing even looks different on the AppleTV app except that when you scroll through channels instead of endlessly scrolling 1000 titles, it seems to stop at letter E....

Me too! All on demand and favourites and resume options have been cleared. I don’t use DIY so it’s not the Magnolia issue for me.

MDSchultz
Just Moved In
The Pik TV Update is a complete failure! The app constantly crashes when watching on demand content not to mention missing content and an overall bad experience compared to the old app. The only thing worse is the call centre that claims you are next and someone will call back in 15 mins only to never call. I guess they got upgraded too.