I signed up about a month ago for PikTV but have been unable to actually LOGIN using the PikTV app on my iPhone 11 Pro Max. I finally took the time to get through to Telus support. He was unable to tell me why its happening and told me try it on Safari which I was able to login to. However, the shows on the Safari PikTV will not play through the browser so he asked me for my login and password so he can try on his iPhone 11! I refused and shocked they are even allowed to ask. After that he said he can offer to rebuild my login credentials on his end, I told him that would not fix the app itself as I can't get to the login screen is the issue with the PikTV app. Rebuilding my credentials would not help to which he could not understand even though it appears to be logical to me. Anyways, this brings me here to ask the community for insight before I cancel a useless subscription that I'm paying for. Thanks
Hi - sorry to hear that you've been experiencing this issue and that it wasn't resolved when you contacted support.
There is a chance that your issue is related to iOS TV provider settings. The steps below may help.
iPhone, iPad, iPod TV Provider Settings:
1. Open the Settings app on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch,
2. Tap TV Provider.
3. Select your TV provider (TELUS)> Sign-out.
4. Confirm from the Settings App: Scroll down to PikTV/Optik > TV Provider turned off.
5. In the pop-up that appears, tap again to confirm.
6. Relaunch the app (force close and then open)
7. Select "Don't Allow" if asked to use the TELUS TV Provider.
8. Check for successful playback
9. If issue persist, delete and reinstall the app and repeat from step 6.
Please let me know if these steps do not resolve your issue. Additionally - more details on the issue can help us troubleshoot. (When you attempt to access the login screen, does the screen freeze or go black?)