cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

frequent optik tv and internet freezing

calgaryboy
Just Moved In

We have been seeing and increase in the frequency of our optik tv and our internet connection "freezing"  this started several months ago and was happening every two weeks or so.  This "freezing" now happens daily, even though i have been restarting and re-initializing the Optik TV boxes at least once per week.

The TV boxes are direct Ethernet connections to the Telus modem.  Most internet users in the home are wireless but the freezing also occurs on the wired PC(s).  We have a doubled ADSL connection as Telus has Zero plans to install Fiber to our neighborhood.

Has anyone experienced this and if so, was there a remedy?  To date online customer service Techs have not been able to replicate the issue and have only recommended that i periodically restart the modem and set top boxes.  Given the amount of money my household is paying to Telus each month this has become a waste of money. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Request a technician come to check your service. Being a bonded service you could have an issue. Either one or two lines can be degraded. More then likely it’s a line issue, that will require some detective work.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

WestCoasterBC
Community Power User
Community Power User

Request a technician come to check your service. Being a bonded service you could have an issue. Either one or two lines can be degraded. More then likely it’s a line issue, that will require some detective work.