cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will wifi booster work with optic tv box distance from main pvr unit?

KMan
Neighbour
Hi there, was wanting to know if wifi booster will help with getting a better signal between my pvr and the optic box that has poor signal to the pvr or is wifi booster strictly for other devices added to my network such as cell phones and things? Signal on one optic box is weak and it lags out. I don't want to purchase the wifi boosters if it will not resolve my issue. Thanks in advance to anyone who knows the answer to this.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

xray
Hero

Yes, a booster should improve the situation. It's the distance between the router/booster and the Optik box that's important. The PVR location is irrelevant as long as the PVR connection is good.

A wired connection (Ethernet or MoCA) would be more reliable if available. All my Optik boxes are wired and I never have speed or congestion issues.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

xray
Hero

Yes, a booster should improve the situation. It's the distance between the router/booster and the Optik box that's important. The PVR location is irrelevant as long as the PVR connection is good.

A wired connection (Ethernet or MoCA) would be more reliable if available. All my Optik boxes are wired and I never have speed or congestion issues.

Hi, thanks for the reply. I thought about hard wiring it but it's a hell of a run away so the booster should hopefully help thanks. I dunno why I thought it wifi to the pvr. Makes more sense that it goes through the gateway. Thanks for the information. Much appreciated.

Excellent. Thankyou so much for the reply and information. I don't know why I thought the boxes connected to the pvr but through the gateway then to the pvr certainly makes more sense. Boosters it is. It would be a major hassle to hardwire the unit that is lacking a good signal unfortunately. Thanks